Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Suggestions again.

To: freeciv development list <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Suggestions again.
From: Thue Janus Kristensen <thue.kristensen@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 20:12:06 +0100

On Thu, 16 Mar 2000, Raimar Falke wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 16, 2000 at 04:40:44PM +0200, Tuomas Airaksinen wrote:
> >
> > 3)It would be nice if current production of city would be seen
> > (optionally, with small font) below the name of city (alpha centauri
> > does that way, and it's very handy!).
>
> You can try the attached patch. But with the patch applied, you are also
> able to see the productions of cities you don't own. It looks like the
> server is giving the clients to much infos.

I am working on a patch that will stop the server from sending too much city
info; but the cities will still be set to something in the client (if it
doesn't know I will just pick the first choise I see (is there a
"nothing" choise?)), so you will still have to check if the city is yours
before you display the info.

-Thue

ps: The code for sending city info is very ugly...