Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Failed compilation under HP (PR#297)

To: vcosta@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx, bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Failed compilation under HP (PR#297)
From: David Pfitzner <dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2000 19:02:10 +1100 (EST)

Vincenzo Costa wrote:

> I'd like to report on a problem of compilation of FreeCiv version
> 1.10.0 under HP, hoping that this might be usefull to you .. and to me also
> :-)
>
> I'm working as a regular "user on a machine whose type is usually
> classified as:
> "hppa1.1-hp-hpux10.20"

> Then I issued "make" and compilation stopped with the following output, an
> the error message is at the end:

>         cc -c -DLOCALEDIR=\"/home/vcosta/local/share/locale\"
> -DGNULOCALEDIR=\"/home/vcosta/local/share/locale\"
> -DLOCALE_ALIAS_PATH=\"/home/vcosta/local/share/locale:.\" -DHAVE_CONFIG_H
> -I.. -I. -I../intl -I../lib  +O2 -Aa  loadmsgcat.c
> cc: "loadmsgcat.c", line 74: error 1574: Unknown size for "st".

This is failing in the included gettext code, which is bad
news since we don't maintain that code, we just include it
verbatim from the gettext distribution.

You could try re-run configure with '--disable-nls' and see
what happens.  (Oh, you may need to remove the symlink libintl.h
in the freeciv/intl directory when doing this - a silly annoyance.)

Of course doing this you won't get any internationalisation,
but it may work otherwise.  Or maybe there is some deeper
problem and it still won't work...

(The error messages suggest some problem somewhere in:
    #include <fcntl.h>
    #include <sys/types.h>
    #include <sys/stat.h>
of which I think only sys/types.h is used elsewhere in freeciv.)

Regards,
-- David