Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] GTK client bug were focus is stuck on chatline (PR#287)

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] GTK client bug were focus is stuck on chatline (PR#287)
From: Matt Lowry <mclowry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2000 19:22:12 -0800 (PST)

Just found out about FreeCiv - nice :)

DLed and installed without much hassle (praise be to configure scripts).

Rapidly ran into the known bug of focus getting stuck on the chatline
widget of the GTK client. My problem is, the "Known Bugs" page of the web
site sez :

 "A way to get back to the main window is to use the key to advance to
  focus to some other widget."

Urmmm .... perhaps this is a stoooopid question but .... "Which key would
that be to advance focus to another widget?" Is there some generic "advance
focus" keybinding in GTK ? .... (I'm a GTK virgin you see ... oh the shame)

It would be really nice if that Known Bugs page actually specified which
key "the key" is.

Anyhoo ... FreeCiv is a very sweet piece of work ... keep up the good work!
:) :)

Enjoy!
 Matt Lowry      ( mclowry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx )
A social life ?