[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Making big cities more important

To: Bastian Hecht <basti@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Making big cities more important
From: Tobias Brox <tobiasb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Feb 2000 14:05:14 +0100 (MET)

> How about making big cities much more important. I think it´s more fun
> to try build up really big cities than having loads of small villages
> you need right now to compete with other players in production and
> economics.

I agree a bit.  Maintaining 148 small cities seems more like work than
anything else to me ... so it would be better for the gameplay to make the
few biggest cities more important.

It's also more realistic.  Today the biggest cities have hard to grow
because the food requirement grows.  In reality the big cities works like
people magnets, sucking redundant people from the farmland to become
taxmen, scientists and elvix'es.  In reality the smaller settlements are
big food producers, while the big cities are consumers.  In reality all
available resources in the "city radius" is exploited quite quickly.

The big cities are already more important, as it's not economically viable
to build banks, stock exchange markets and so on in small cities.  But
anyway we need food caravans so it's possible to extend the big cities.

--
Tobias Brox (alias TobiX) - +4722925871 - _urgent_ emails to
sms@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.  Check our upcoming MMORPG at