[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Nationset

Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Nationset
From: Stephen Hodge <stephenh@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2000 17:37:34 +1100

Mike Jing wrote:
> I don't think he is seriously suggesting "giving back" Sydney and Melbourne
> to the English.  He is just trying to show how silly and pointless this
> whole argument really is (right Darth? :-).  There is absolutely nothing
> wrong with duplicate city names.  Can we please get past this and move on?

I agree. I come from a city in New Zealand called Hamilton and I know of
at least 5 other Hamiltons around the world. Seems a bit silly to argue
against that sort of thing in a game.

> But seriously, there is currently a limit of 63 nations in the nations
> ruleset.  And it seems we will run into it much sooner than the original
> author expected.  We can either raise the limit (or get rid of it
> altogether), or we will need some criteria to determine which nations to
> include sooner or later.  But at the moment there is nothing wrong with the
> nations we already have.  And did I mention that there is absolutely nothing
> wrong with those duplicate city names?

I think we should remove the limit altogether. I particularly like the
idea of the fantasy/imaginary nations that've been mentioned lately.

Regards,
Steve Hodge