[Freeciv-Dev] Nation questions

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Nation questions
From: Stig Erik Sandoe <stig@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2000 01:08:01 +0100 (MET)

hi,

I looked through the default nations.ruleset and found a few things
that needed comments:

- The rulers' names are not translated it seems, e.g "Erik the
  Bloodaxe" is the default Viking leader but this name seems rather
  silly if you should use the norwegian translation as his name in
  norwegian is 'Eirik Blodøks' and several other leaders' names have
  been translated in 'Real Life' and it would be nice to have the
  names fit with the translation.  Is it just to add the _( ) around
  the names?

- The Viking nation uses the norwegian flag and is apart from a few
  entries just modern norwegian cities (or villages as I see
  them).  It  is of course flattering that it's still _the_ Viking
  nation but it is a misleading name.  My suggestion is to update
  this entry with the major modern norwegian cities and call it
  Norway and then make a Viking nation with just the old Viking
  cities using as close as possible viking-spelling, ie Jorvik
  instead of York (which is english today).  A few name-clashes with
  other countries might occur though.

Stig Erik Sandoe     stig@xxxxxxxxx    http://www.ii.uib.no/~stig/