[Freeciv-Dev] 1.9.2 beta test report

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] 1.9.2 beta test report
From: Massimo Campostrini <campo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 09 Feb 2000 15:16:49 +0100

Hi there.  I've played 1.9.2 beta, and mostly I love it
(compared with 1.9.0).  Great job!

I have one serious problem with 1.9.2: barbarian hordes.  Please make
barbarian hordes customizable!  Half a dozen barbarian horsemen are
too much for me; I've compiled them off completely in my server.

A buglet: when a unit gets focus on or moves to plains with river and
resources, the (gtk) client flashes (sometimes).

I would say 1.9.2 is very close to official release quality.

For 2.0, somebody must work on the AI: it keeps attacking my walled
city defended by musketeers with its horsemen, one or two at a time;
you can guess the results (but the AI cannot, I guess...)

Regards,
        Massimo Campostrini