[Freeciv-Dev] ASCII client / small tileset (was: Freeciv for Palm?)

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] ASCII client / small tileset (was: Freeciv for Palm?)
From: Reinier Post <rp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2000 12:03:32 +0100

> Anyone interested?
>
> > "R. Scott MacFarlane" wrote:
> >
> > Do you or your group have any interest in creating a civilization type
> > game for Palm OS systems?  I could think of no better way to while
> > away the time on the plane than a rousting game of civ!

I would be interested to find out if an ASCII client is feasible,
but I'm not going to spend any time coding it.

One step towards this is a tileset with tiles of minimal size (so more
of the map fits on the screen at once); they would have to be B&W and
abstract, similar to Chinese characters.  Abstract characters are easier
to learn than it may seem.  It would be a great exercise in design,
but I am not a designer.

--
Reinier Post