[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Partisans invisible to controlling player... (PR#253)

To: David Pfitzner <dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: jmb65@xxxxxxxxx, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx, bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Partisans invisible to controlling player... (PR#253)
From: Daniel Burrows <Daniel_Burrows@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2000 09:43:29 -0500

On Sat, Feb 05, 2000 at 12:58:17AM +1100, David Pfitzner was heard to say:
> Jez Bromley <jmb65@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> >     Using the CVS version of Jan 24th I found the following server bug
> > which a quick scan of the Changelogs suggests you haven't yet spotted or
> > fixed:
> >
> >     When a player has a city large enough to suuport partisans (and of
> > course relevant tech) but has not yet explored all the squares lying within
> > the city's boundaries, then upon the city being captured by another player
> > it can happen that a partisan is created on one of the squares which the
> > original
> > owner cannot see (ie hasn't yet explored). If this happens rather than
> > making
> > the square visible to the player, the server continues to flag the square as
> > unseen.  This means the player is unable to move the partisan --- and is in
> > fact unaware of its existance until (possibly many turns later) he/she
> > explores
> > that square.
>
> Thanks for the bug report.  (Though this does seem like a
> pretty rare case, so I can see why it hadn't been noticed
> before! :-)
>
> I can't be bothered trying to setup a case to test this, but
> the attached minmal patch should fix the problem.  (I restrained
> myself from doing any reformating or optimisation of the
> surrounding code...)

  I ran into something else similar which may also be related to/fixed by
this -- if a city on the edge of the map is bribed, you have to move its units
out of the city and back in before you can see some squares adjacent to it.

  Daniel

--
  The Turtle Moves!