[Freeciv-Dev] Re: segmentation fault

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: segmentation fault
From: Corin Anderson <corin@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2000 23:25:49 -0800 (PST)

Okay, found it (or, at least, one!).  The bug I found arises when the
worklist is filled to the max; a bad value sneaks in because of an
off-by-one error.

Attached is a patch that fixes this bug as well as two others:

* Worklists now purge duplicate improvement targets (thanks, Patrick, for
  pointing this out).
* A fix to many of the 'bad string length in packet' errors (the
  worklist.name field of packet_city_request wasn't being initialized
  properly).

The attached patch is relative to the most recent CVS and fixes these
problems for the xaw and gtk clients.

The mui client has fallen a bit behind with worklist fixes; I've submitted
at least one other patch (to the xaw and gtk code) that should be applied
(in principal) to the mui client.  I'll give it a go in the next day or
two if no one else has a chance.

Corey