[Freeciv-Dev] Re: suggestion / idea

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: suggestion / idea
From: Jason Todd <idjason@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2000 10:23:03 -0500

> > p.s. An AEGIS Cruiser is one of those cruiser that were used in WWII
> > That had massive amounts of Rockets yes? Shouldn't they have a slightly
> > larger attack... they were used for destroying entire cites weren't they?

 Actually, an AEGIS Cruiser is a ship with all sorts of defences against cruise
missles. I believe that the US has Lockheed Martin build all the systems for
theirs(the russians probably don't have the cash to keep theirs going). The
systems include, AFAIK, rockets that explode to release lots of tin foil that
confuse the guidance systems on Air to Surface Missles, radar jammers, etc.
 As for what AEGIS actually stands for, i'm not sure.