[Freeciv-Dev] Re: History educational idea

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: History educational idea
From: Heikki Kantola <hezu@xxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2000 22:29:44 +0200

According to Tobias Brox <tobiasb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> > Cities? wow =) now that would be cool.... but very hard. I think that
> > would have to be a seperate project =). How much on each city? a
> > paragraph?
>
> As above.  Just some few 4-8 lines about each thing, including when and
> where they appeared in real life, whom created the city and where it is
> now (i.e. Holmgard was Swedish, but now it's Russian (Novgorod).  Helsinki
> was founded by the russians if I'm not mistaken.  Now it's Finnish. etc)

Back to school, Tobias. Helsinki was founded by Swedes 450 years ago
although it got the capital status during the Russian rule in 1812
after there was big fire in previous capital Turku (in Swedish: Åbo).
Those who can read Finnish or Swedish can read more detailed history
of Helsinki from <URL:http://www.hel.fi/450/historia.html> and <URL:
http://www.hel.fi/450/svenska/historia.html>.

And while were on subject of cities, the current nations.ruleset
seems to have Finnish cities "Uusikaupunki" and "Viitasaari" twice, as
they are listed also in the extra cities list (although weirdly the
first one is listed under "Eastern Europe" comment and second under
"Scandinavia").

--
Heikki "Hezu" Kantola, <Heikki.Kantola@xxxxxx>
Lähettämällä mainoksia tai muuta asiatonta sähköpostia yllä olevaan