[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Cool new idea for Civserver

To: dnh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Cool new idea for Civserver
From: Paul Zastoupil <paulz@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 16:06:24 -0800

dnh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> On Tue, 25 Jan 2000 paulz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Ahhh okay. and ahhhh okay.
> My idea was to just have them put into directories... ie game 9999 was 4
> players and gen 2 so put it into that folder
> civserver.freeciv.org/4players/gen2/....
>
> What your suggesting is that there is a search engine that allows you to
> find any prefs of your choice.... that would really rule. As i was
> saying... currently civserver is only used to watch games that have
> happened... ie... hey tony check out gamexxxx.... With the aid of that it
> *could* be used as a help... instead of having to explain everything...
> tell them to go watch a few games on the civserver... =)

Yes this will be nice, when I can put it together.  I have been busy
coding at work which takes away brain cells from freeciv :(

> I would love to help out... unfortunetly I am absolutley shocking at
> anything to do with CGI and perl....

How is you shell? (Too much of civservers backend code is currently in
shell)

> Well anyways just a thought.... Darth bob
>
> P.s. Are you saying that the whole civserver is running on a single P166?
> ouch... I know the would be an issue of money but it might be time to
> think about upgrading that....

Yes, I would love to, however I am getting married in April, so money is
much tighter than usual, you will have to ask Cammy if you want to have
it up graded ;)

> p.s.s Are the same ideas going to be applied to the other servers?

Not sure what you mean.  Do you mean other civservers that are set up?

--
Paul Zastoupil