[Freeciv-Dev] release time

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] release time
From: Jeff Mallatt <jjm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 09:37:03 -0500

Hello Freecivers.

The last few months have produced some great new features, both large and
small, in Freeciv.  Thanks to everyone who has put in the time to make so
many improvements!

Now it's time to share these improvements with everyone.  In keeping with
the goal of producing a new, stable release every 3-4 months, we need to
start planning for a release sometime in February.

The (somewhat flexible) schedule for the release of Version 1.10.0 is:

Jan 30th - Feature freeze for Version 1.10.0; start of beta period.
Feb 15th - Target release date for stable Version 1.10.0 !

During the beta period (from feature freeze to release), we will generally
be focusing on bug-fixing, and only committing bug-fix patches to the CVS.

The beta period will also provide an interval during which the set of
translatable strings will (hopefully) stabilize enough to give our
overworked translators a chance to catch up. :)

jjm