[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Copyright notice

To: Corin Anderson <corin@xxxxxxxxxx>, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Copyright notice
From: Jeff Mallatt <jjm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2000 09:38:08 -0500

At 2000/01/13 00:41 , Corin Anderson wrote:
>  The worklist patch will include a few new files.  What, if any,
>copyright notice should I include?  Or will The Great Keeper Of CVS put
>the appropriate lines in for me?

You can find the "standard" copyright etc. at the top of most files (e.g.,
see common/astring.[hc]).

If anyone knows better, please correct me, but I believe the important
things are: 1. Somebody hold the copyright; 2. That person grants rights
under terms of the GNU GPL ver. 2 or later; 3. A disclaimer of warranty or
fitness for any purpose.

You'll see that the "standard" header includes these three things.

(When I create a new file, I usually just copy the "standard" header
verbatim.)

jjm