[Freeciv-Dev] Re: FreeCiv under FreeBSD (PR#190)

To: rp@xxxxxxxxxx (Reinier Post)
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: FreeCiv under FreeBSD (PR#190)
From: Craig Anthony <one@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2000 18:40:07 -0600 (CST)

Actually, everything works fine without --disable-cvs-deps when building the
1.9.0 distribution with /usr/bin/make on FreeBSD 3.3, however I remember
getting the same error that Luis reported with undefined symbols from gettext
on earlier versions of FreeBSD (I can't remember if this was with 1.9.0, but
it was around then).  The latest distribution as of 4 January fails building
with /usr/bin/make when it tries to build in common if configure is run without
arguments with:
"Makefile", line 245: Need an operator
If --disable-cvs-deps is given to configure, then it fails when building in po:
make: don't know how to make cat-id-tbl.c. Stop
However everything works fine with GNU make.