[Freeciv-Dev] First patch

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] First patch
From: Daniel Zinsli <s830+priv@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: 04 Jan 2000 17:05:26 +0100

I have some questions on submitting patches:

Do you diff against the latest official release, or against the latest
cvs?

I've hacked some code to display "turns left" for a unit/improvement to
be built (in citydlg.c), and also to display "turns" to build when
selecting in the change dialog, (taking into account production
switching penalties) features I sorely missed when I got my ass whupped
in my first non-ai civgame yesterday :-)

Is this useful for the rest of you?

Also, I haven't gotten the "42/42 1 turns left" box in the main
citydialog to display properly in the Xaw gui, any quick pointers?
(a link to a xaw tutorial/docs would be nice :)

I assume that when adding code to gui-specific files, I have to supply
both a gtk and xaw version?

Thank you for the patience :-)
--
Daniel Zinsli