Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: December 1999:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: At long last: the Worklist patch

To: Corin Anderson <corin@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: At long last: the Worklist patch
From: Daniel Sjolie <deepone@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 1999 08:24:10 +0100

On 1999-12-22 19:04:26, Corin Anderson wrote:

> A player also has a number of "global" worklists that are defined for the
> entire empire.  You can access the list of global worklists by selecting
> Worklists from the Kingdom menu.  You can create, delete, rename, and edit
> global worklists from this dialog.  Note that, when editing a global
> worklist, -all- targets are listed, not just the ones that you can
> presently build.  I've chosen this option to allow a player to define
> worklists for the whole game all at once, up front.  I'm mulling over
> other filter options, though; stay tuned.

Wonderfull!!!
(sounds like it at least - can't try it now :/ )

I'd like to give an alternative view of worklists that would perhaps
make Your golbal worklists seem even sweeter :)

In stead of thinking of the work list as a number of things to build one
after another You should think of it as a list of importance...
For ex - having a cathedral first in Your list would make sense and
would mean that it would be built as soon as it was available...
That would feel somewhat akward thinking of the list in the first way...

This approach might do funny things to unit-building though...
I suppose that You have to enter a unit several times to build
more than one now, right? Hmm... I guess everything should work
all rigth then - but You could imagine having requirements like
'1 Musketer present in city' or '2 Settlers supported' that would
never be removed but 'bypassed' when met...

Ah, well...
Some thoughts there... :)

Again - sounds like You've done a terrific job!

/Daniel

--
Now take a deep breath, smile and don't take life so seriously... :)