Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: December 1999:
[Freeciv-Dev] A few questions about goto and in generel

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] A few questions about goto and in generel
From: Thue Janus Kristensen <thue@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 1999 02:43:32 +0100

Hopefully I will have some time this winter, and get a little code added to
freeciv (would be my first contribution to an open-source project). I was
thinking of making an enhanced goto for aircraft, where they leaped between
cities/airpost instead of just going out into the blue when the distance became
too great. This will also make it easier to get the AI using flying units.

Before I start I have a few questions...:
-There will need to be a way to cancel some movement points (when a plane
reaches a city and waits). Is there coded support for this allready?
-When I skimmed the goto code there seemed to be little comments about what the
warmap really is. Did I look the wrong place?

And other question:
I see that fog of war and isometric view is sceduled for 2.1 . Is anybody
currently working on these? It seems to me that it would be smart to get these
done with before adding more code to freeciv, to avoid having to rewrite too
much.