Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: December 1999:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: A few questions about goto and in generel

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: A few questions about goto and in generel
From: Jarda Benkovsky <pvt.benkovsk@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 1999 12:51:13 +0100

Thue Janus Kristensen wrote:

> Hopefully I will have some time this winter, and get a little code added to
> freeciv (would be my first contribution to an open-source project). I was
> thinking of making an enhanced goto for aircraft, where they leaped between
> cities/airpost instead of just going out into the blue when the distance
> became
> too great. This will also make it easier to get the AI using flying units.

If you are going to write new route planner, would you please write a
parametric interface for it? It would be usefule for other things.
What I mean is that you could supply an evaluation function to the
do_goto() function. This function would be called to evaluate the
road "weight", "length", "value" or how do you call it.

This would enable to supply for example function, which will take care
of orthogonal routes (for mass irrigating) etc.

I'm not sure how this function should be called - maybe for each tile
neighbour to tile already processed - and returning the value of going
from the last tile to this tile.

                                        Edheldil