Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: December 1999:
[Freeciv-Dev] map doesn't get focus problem, some hints (PR#193)

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] map doesn't get focus problem, some hints (PR#193)
From: Hans de Goede <hans@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 11:02:46 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

I thought I would read before reporting the focus problems, I'm using
the caldere rpm's on redhat-6.1 with all updates including the latest
gnome.

I noticed that when trying to move with the keypad, the message dialog
scrolls instead off
that my unit moves. When trying to move with the numeric keypad (the
prefered way, since I wany to move digitally sometimes too) Only the
mouse pointer moves?

Changing numlock doesn't help I can however move with the 1-9 keys
(top-row) as if they we're the numeric keypad, this means that
civclient-gtk probably doesn't decode the numeric keypad properly, the
numeric keypad gives seperate scancoded compared to the top row /
keypad. And these scancodes don't change depending on the status of
numloc, instead numlock is a part of the modifiers.

So this is not a focus problem since the 1-9 keys work where ever the
focus is, and the keypad/numeric keypad never works afaik.

I'll download the src and take a look. One fix would be to enable
server-numlock, this is a compatibility mode of xfree86 which decodes
the numeric keypad as either top-row or keypad depending on the state of
numlock. This option however applies to all clients, and any client who
have different behaviour for the numeric keypad would loose it.

Regards,

Hans