Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: December 1999:
[Freeciv-Dev] Serious problem after "Turn done" (PR#186)

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Serious problem after "Turn done" (PR#186)
From: rs12@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 1999 10:49:04 -0800 (PST)

Full_Name: Ronny Standtke
Version: 1.9.0
Client: Gtk+
OS: RedHat Linux 6.1
Submission from: (NULL) (141.30.228.140)

Hi all,

When you click on "Turn Done" and you are waiting for your friends to
finish the round, it's quite dangerous to look around in the menus.

While I was waiting I wanted to look in the "Help" menu for something.
I clicked on "Help" and the cursor changed its orientation (it pointed
to the right). Suddenly my friends were done with their turns and some
windows popped up on my screen. My mouse pointer still pointed to the
right and didn't work anymore. I could move it but nothing happend
whereever I clicked! Even the keyboard shortcuts (running KDE here :)
didn't work anymore! When I switched to the console and killed the
civclient, my whole X came down!

I'm not a programmer, so all I can do here, is to describe the problem
and leave the solution to the real coding machines :)

Besides this, Freeciv is really fun!

Regards

Ronny