Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: November 1999:
[Freeciv-Dev] New Windows 95/98/NT Cygwin/X 1.9.0 FreeCiv Installation S

To: <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] New Windows 95/98/NT Cygwin/X 1.9.0 FreeCiv Installation Set
From: "Todd Goodman" <tsg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 1999 13:41:58 -0500

I've uploaded a Windows 95/98/NT Cygwin/X 1.9.0 FreeCiv installation
set to ftp://ftp.freeciv.org/pub/freeciv/incoming/FCIV190.EXE.

Please try it out and let me know of any problems.

THIS REQUIRES AN X SERVER TO OPERATE.

The source for the cygwin1.dll included is in
ftp://ftp.freeciv.org/pub/freeciv/incoming/cygwin-src-19991006_tar.gz
and ftp://ftp.freeciv.org/pub/freeciv/incomin/winsup-src-19991126_tar.gz.
These are only supplied to comply with the GPL.  I won't help anyone
build these.  If you're interested in Cygwin please see
http://sourceware.cygnus.com/cygwin.  All the source is available
there as well.

The source used to build was from CVS with the R1_9_0 tag.  It's
bzipped at ftp://ftp.freeciv.org/pub/freeciv/incoming/csrc1_9_0.tar.bz2.
Please consider getting the source from CVS or the freeciv website though.

It contains just the GTK client (no XAW client at this time).

I'm still trying to get together a native Windows installation set, but
have not been able to build it yet.  I'm using Tor Lindqvist's instructions
for GTK libs and Andreas Kemnade's diffs for building the native client.

If anyone can make up an icon file to use for the shortcuts I'd appreciate
it.  Also if any windows gurus out there know how I can get my .inf file
shortcuts to exit the window when the server or client exit, I'd appreciate
that too.

Please let me know of any issues or suggestions.

Thanks,

Todd Goodman