Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: November 1999:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: UI idea/suggestion (PR#183)

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: UI idea/suggestion (PR#183)
From: Reinier Post <rp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 1999 04:47:38 -0800 (PST)

> I've got a suggestion, though... something I've wished I could do since 1.0k
> or so...
>
> It'd be nice to be able to leave the Demographics, Science report, etc,
> windows open while playing.  Currently, whenever one of those is open, you
> cannot access the main window.

This was changed for the science window about a year ago, but not for some
other windows.  The problem is you have to add code to update them once
they are no longer modal.

Actually there's a related bug, in the player window: after cutting a player's
connection they remain listed as conencted and 'moving', both to the
clients and to the metaserver.

--
Reinier