Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: November 1999:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Anyone else working on multiple-client support?

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Anyone else working on multiple-client support?
From: "jrb3@xxxxxxxx (Joseph Beckenbach III, CCP)" <jrb3@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 1999 08:42:49 -0800

        On Thu, 25 Nov 1999 22:21:01 -0800  paulz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Shouldn't be anything wrong.  Anonymous login can upload to
> /freeciv/incoming.  I don't think you can create directories but you
> should be able to upload in there. (I actually tested it.)

        Ah, I see the problem.  Somehow FTP'ing out from my home machine
adds my domain to the target hostname BEFORE attempting the DNS lookup.
How weird.  FTPing from my ISP account sails through with no trouble.

        Okay, integrators with read access to freeciv/incoming/ can grab
DIFF.STUB.190 and STUB.190.tar from there as well now.

                Joseph