Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: November 1999:
[Freeciv-Dev] city names disappear (PR#179)

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] city names disappear (PR#179)
From: erik@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 21:15:26 -0800 (PST)

Full_Name: Erik DeBill
Version: 1.9.0
Client: Gtk+
OS: Linux (Debian potato)
Submission from: (NULL) (208.166.232.133)

The text showing city names on the map disappears frequently.  This
happens after opening a report (i.e. Top 5 Cities), and many times
after a dialog box appears.  Text will reappear if you move the view port
around (either with the scoll bars or by right clicking somewhere).

Usually all of the names for all the cities will disappear.  Occasionally
(usually when another window is moved to overlay the main civclient window)
only a portion of the names will disappear.  In this case they tend to
disappear in the area that was overlayed by another window.

I don't think this is a new bug, as I remember something similar from an
old version (1.7.2?) that used the Xaw interface.

Please let me know if there's anything I can do to help track it down.