Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: November 1999:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: gclient

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: gclient
From: David Pfitzner <dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 1999 10:09:34 +1100 (EST)

Mattias Andersson wrote:

> What's the function of the directory gclient in the freeciv CVS?

It was initially used for the Gtk+ client, before we moved
to a different directory structure.  It remains now because
cvs does not have a good way to remove directories once
they exist in the repository.  I believe you can use eg
"cvs up -P" to have cvs remove ("prune") empty directories
from your checked-out source tree.

-- David