Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: November 1999:
[Freeciv-Dev] Amiga client in CVS

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Amiga client in CVS
From: sebauer@xxxxxxxxxxx (Sebastian Bauer)
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 20:35:35 +0100

Hello!

I finally had some time to integrate the amiga client into
the Freeciv cvs. I just want to say that for you as non amiga
developers nothing will change. That means you shouldn't care
if you break the client (because you can't test and you aren't
interested in it anywhy)...I'll update the client everytime
when you break the client myself, so again, don't care for it :-)

I also added some little things which you maybe also want to add
to the other clients:

1) Context menu in the map. The user can you go via mouse over an
   unit and pressthe right mouse button. This will popup a menu
   where with all commands the unit cam perform. It is not necessary
   that this unit is the active one. Also you can send the active
   unit to this location. I think this is more intuitive.
2) In the city map window you can browse through all cities.
   So you now longer need to close the city map window if you want
   to see another cities.
3) In the city map window you see how many Gold an improvment cost
   every turn (like in Civ 2).
4) Inside the production list (which come when pressing the "Change"
   button in city map window) you can see how many rounds are needed
   to finish the product (also like in Civ 2).
5) Some smaller things which I don't remind...

bye,
Sebastian Bauer