Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: November 1999:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Several bugs (PR#178)

To: ps@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Several bugs (PR#178)
From: Reinier Post <rp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1999 18:21:25 +0100

On Tue, Nov 16, 1999 at 06:58:09AM -0800, ps@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Submission from: (NULL) (129.11.32.250)
>
> When attacking an unoccupied enemy city with paratroopers the
> server sometimes crashes. I have the core dump produced by one
> such crash. This has happened a few times.

Hmm.  Which platform?  Next time it happens, can you submit the
savefile, too?  (Upload to ftp.freeciv.org or something.)

> The Marco Polo's embassy wonder doesn't do anything as far as I
> can tell. I can't find a way to get any intelligence reports on
> the other nations.

Not from AI.  The AI players don't do any diplomacy.

> When scorelog is set to 1 (so that the civscore.log file is generated),
> and a server is started using a previously saved position, the old score
> file is erased so the data is only present from the point at which the
> game was saved.

OK.  Known, but unreported.

> Civil wars don't seem to happen when an enemys capital is captured (and
> I've checked that the opponent has ncities > civilwarsize)

I've seen this, too.  Could it be that you were already at the
maximum number of players?

--
Reinier