Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: November 1999:
[Freeciv-Dev] OpenGL client

To: Developpement freeciv <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] OpenGL client
From: Franck Guillaud <f.guillaud@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1999 18:22:00 +0100 (CET)

         Hello World,

  I want to inform the list that I started to develop an OpenGL based freeciv
client.

  It's based on the Linux gtk client 1.9.0 and use the GtkGLArea widget.
The hardware target is Pentium 133 and an OpenGL accelerated card. Voodoo or
Voodoo2
boards are fine if Mesa available. The OS target is Linux.

  This is my first project intended for public release and using gnu tools
(another Win32 developer joining the Light ;-) ), I'm actually learning a lot
(and it's very cool) ! For now, I only coded the autoconf stuff and basic
terrain
rendering, so no source code nor screenshots. I hope to release something near
Christmas.

  I'll be please to answer any question or comment concerning this OGL
client. I'll be on holydays during the next 3 weeks, so don't expect a quick
answer.

                              Franck.