Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: October 1999:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Civ2 quickies - patches

To: qpkjeek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Civ2 quickies - patches
From: David Pfitzner <dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 1999 11:54:33 +1000 (EST)

Jerzy Klek wrote:

> -  In Civ2: Fighters don't cause unhappiness.
>    Other air units always cause unhappiness
>    (even when in city).

For latter, don't they already do so because of the FieldUnit flag?
That is, is Civ2 really different to what Freeciv already does?
(A possible difference is if under Democracy air units cause
full 2 unhappiness even if in a city.)

If we do change this, I think I personally would prefer eg a new
unit flag (eg, FullFieldUnit?) or some other general method
rather than a special case rule using game.civstyle.

-- David