Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: October 1999:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Literacy question

To: Ivans Chou <ichou@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Literacy question
From: Greg Wooledge <wooledge@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1999 20:08:16 -0400

Ivans Chou (ichou@xxxxxxxxxx) wrote:

> I can play well beyond the year 2000, I've
> researched "Literacy" but the literacy demographic for my civilization
> is still 0%.  What is this number for?  How do I make it go up?

It's strictly based on the number of Libraries and Universities you have.
(Strangely, Research Labs don't count.  See civ_score() in common/game.c.)

The numbers in the Demographics report don't really do anything in the
game; they're just there to give you a feel for how well you're doing
compared to everyone else in particular areas.

You should probably build a few Libraries! :-)

--
Greg Wooledge                    | "Truth belongs to everybody."
wooledge@xxxxxxxxxxx             |   Red Hot Chili Peppers,