Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: October 1999:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: german translation too long (PR#146)

To: jjm@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: german translation too long (PR#146)
From: David Pfitzner <dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 1999 22:38:41 +1000 (EST)

Jeff Mallatt wrote:

> The problem is that the labels along the left side are sized based on
> un-translated English strings.
>
> The attached patch changes the layout code to use translated strings during
> initial layout.  Hopefully, now any reasonable length string will work.

Looks good.

There is a minor visual imperfection that the boxes on the left
side do not have their right margins line up, if the translator
does not take care to make appropriate translated strings the
same length as each other (eg adjusting "padding" spaces; eg,
current de.po), but I don't think thats an urgent problem.

-- David