Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: October 1999:
[Freeciv-Dev] Dedicated Civserver

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Dedicated Civserver
From: Paul Zastoupil <paulz@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 1999 15:18:34 -0700

I have just made arrangements to get a AMD K6-2 400 in my possession in
order to run a dedicated civserver.  I am writing an email to the list
for 2 reasons.

1. If someone could work (or has already worked) on setting up a server
that will auto-respawn and allow the first client (and subsequent first
reconnects if no one is connected) some level of server control.  Then
we can have this constant civserver for people to connect to when
looking for a game.  Down the road with some modifications like
player/client id's etc. we can set up a real live ranking system.   I
would also like to set up a server in Europe for redundancy, speed, and
time zone differences.  If anyone has a spare machine and a dedicated
connection, or can arrange one, please let us know.

2. My arrangement for acquiring this hardware was by buying it in an
auction, so there has been a bit of out of pocket expense for me.  If
you would like to donate (please do not feel obligated, I have wanted to
do this) I collect football (i.e. soccer) jerseys.  So if you want to
send me one, please do.  Email me, I would love to hear from you.

--
Paul Zastoupil