Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: October 1999:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Mouse selection

To: p_de_mouveaux@xxxxxxxxxxx, corin@xxxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Mouse selection
From: Reinier Post <rp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 1999 14:41:20 +0200

> It took a couple of hours to do the modificaions, getting the 'general
> feeling' of the code, and a lot of "fgrep -n "get_unit_on_focus()" *{.c,.h}"
> and the like!

There is ctags, but I don't know how to use it.  Maybe Emacs C mode is
easier.  And there is always

  http://www.freeciv.org/lxr/source

I like your work on better keyboard control!

> Anyway, I don't know if these patch are of general interest: moving units
> with the mouse, like in the original Civ, doesn't seem to be in the wishlist
> for the game! AI improvement is far more usefull... and interesting!

Measuring interest per second spent, I'm not sure I agree.
UI interaction takes a lot of time; improving it takes relatively little.

> [I also noticed a slight modification in the 1.8.3 source code. If people
> are interested, I can make diffs against the latest beta version].

I am!

--
Reinier Post