Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: September 1999:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Game reports Hoover dam is unavailable. (PR#135)

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Game reports Hoover dam is unavailable. (PR#135)
From: sebauer@xxxxxxxxxxx (Sebastian Bauer)
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 22:31:06 +0100

Hello

> Maybe I am overlooking something simple.
> "Game: Veii is building Hoover Dam(w), which is no longer available"
> But no one has built it, it doesn't show up in the wonders list.
> I am using CVS from Sep 21.
> Here is the savefile

If such a message comes it doesn't mean that somebody has build
the wonder. It simply means that this improvement/wonder cannot be
build in the town.

Can you select the wonder in the production list? On my amiga
client I cannot choose it so there is eighter a bug in the client
you use (which I can't believe) or there is an other reason.

There are no Mountains or Rivers next to your city. But one of such
tiles is required for the Hoover wonder. I guess an enginieer has
transformed a mountain which was next to your city a short time
after you started to build the wonder ;-)

Maybe someone should change the autosettlers not to transform the only
mountain if a city has/is building the hoover wonder/hydro improvement
and if there is no rivers next to the city? (This wouldn't help Paul
but at least it wouldn't happen again then)
Maybe this is already handled by the code and Paul transformed the
mountain manually? No idea...I haven't checked the code, but Paul
did you? ;-)
But anywhy this will probably too hard for me since I have no idea how
the AI works.

bye,
Sebastian Bauer