Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: September 1999:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: recent paratroopers patch

To: Jeff Mallatt <jjm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: recent paratroopers patch
From: sebauer@xxxxxxxxxxx (Sebastian Bauer)
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 19:51:26 +0100

Hello Jeff

> I tried to search the mail archives for mention of this, but didn't find
> anything.  Sorry if I'm repeating a prior discussion.

Great thanks for the info :-)
I've played civ2 years ago and only a little bit (because civ2
is not available for Amiga ;-) ) and I have no access to the manual.
So I had the "rules" done from my memory (and nobody complained
until now since I sent the patch to the ML ;-) ). I'll fix that of
course.

> I noticed that in Civ2, Paratroops:
>  1. Can depart from ANY friendly city, not just those with Airports.
>  2. Arrive with movement intact, not zero.  (The Civ2 manual says "1".)
> Were these differences motivated by concern for game balance?

Not really. A "memory" problem ;-)

bye,
Sebastian Bauer