Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: September 1999:
[Freeciv-Dev] patch: Rename tilespec

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] patch: Rename tilespec
From: sebauer@xxxxxxxxxxx (Sebastian Bauer)
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 1999 14:31:26 +0100

Hi,

This patch renames the spec files .xpm.spec to .spec
and makes the necessary changes in the .tilespec files.
Inside spec files the gfx file names are refernced without
the gfx file extension and so the client can add the
extension which it is able to read.
To make it easy on the gui depend site a new gui depend
function has been created (gfx_fileextensions) which returns
a NULL terminated array of all gfx file extensions the
load_gfxfile (former load_xpmfile) is supports.
Actually only "xpm" is in this array for both clients.
In the amiga client however the array contains three
entries: "png", "ilbm", "xpm". That means the "png" extension
is tried first, and if no file with this extension exists
"ilbm" is tried and then "xpm".
If the file is found load_gfxfile is called with the name
(including extension) and should read the gfx file.

I think adding png support in the gtk client, too, is easy now.
But I cannot do that because I don't have libpng here. Somebody
other should do that after this patch is applied.

bye,
Sebastian Bauer