Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: September 1999:
Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Extension to Airlift command

To: Mikko Alfthan <mikko.alfthan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Extension to Airlift command
From: Paul Zastoupil <paulz@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 08 Sep 1999 11:06:24 -0700

Mikko Alfthan wrote:

> I'd like to see the ability to airlift units to other player's cities,
> too. This would make true UN-style interventions possible. The receiving
> player would of course get a dialog message asking if the player wishes
> to accept the incoming aid. If not, the units would be destroyed.
>
> -M

This brings up another idea that just came to me.  What if when you
conquered a city you could "liberate" it, even if it didn't originally
belong to you.

So say for instance that the Germans captured Paris from the French.
You are playing the Americans or English and you capture Paris from the
Germans.  You could then return Paris to the French.  Hopefully they
wouldn't have already had a civil war... :)

This idea doesn't really make sense without AI diplomacy, and actually
it doesn't really fit in very well with the way freeciv works (kill kill
kill), but oh well, I felt like sharing.

--
Paul Zastoupil