Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: September 1999:
Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Roadmap updated.

To: mwh@xxxxxxxxxxxx, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Roadmap updated.
From: Reinier Post <rp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 1999 23:42:21 +0200

> I have updated the roadmap to include "sound support" for 1.8.2, I hope
> this is okay.

Not that I'm going to do anything about it, but now that the metaserver
is down, human to human play is effectively impossible.  The latest CVS
version can be configured to use the metaserver at www.freeciv.org:

  with the client, use -m http://www.freeciv.org/metaserver/
  with the server, use -M www.freeciv.org

My vote for an early 1.8.2 release in which it is the default metaserver.

BTW some remarks about the Sep 2 version:

 + amazing to see this many changes!
 + the 'metaserver' command hangs the server unless it is started with -m
 + when nobody is observing, the game will continue even with timeout = 0
   this is new I think and a little unexpected
 + a Help->Diplomacy would be useful; where can I learn about treaties?
 + the formatting of the info on specials isn't perfect yet, at least
   in the Xaw client
 + doesn't 'Land Area' really mean 'Explored Area' in the Demographics report?

--
Reinier Post