Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: September 1999:
Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Separate server and client data

To: Freeciv Dev <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Separate server and client data
From: Artur Biesiadowski <abies@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 01 Sep 1999 10:41:51 +0200

Nicolas Brunel wrote:

> > freeciv-server.xxx.rpm
> > freeciv-client-common-xxx.rpm
> In common, there is only libcivcommon.o which is linked to civserver and
> civclient. There is no need for a package here.
I'm thinking about client-common (tile graphics, later sound files,
help), not freeciv-common.

It seems to me that debian scripts use just make install for freeciv
with server or client disabled. Doesn't it include ALL data files in
both server and client ? Even if it does not, I think it would be
cleaner to have data-server and data-client directories separated.

Artur