Re: [Freeciv-Dev] FreeCiv server doesn't work on BeOS (PR#121)

To: bdh@xxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx, bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] FreeCiv server doesn't work on BeOS (PR#121)
From: David Pfitzner <dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 1999 13:26:58 +1000 (EST)

> Full_Name: Joseph Beckenbach
> Version: 1.8.1
> OS: BeOS x64 R4
> Submission from: (NULL) (15.254.152.4)
>

> FreeCiv doesn't work on BeOS at all yet.
> This first patch, PATCH.SERVER.BeOS, submitted to ftp.freeciv.org into
> the incoming directory, fixes the server so that it compiles cleanly
> and interacts with the operator.  I've not tested any other functionality.

Um, would it be possible to work from the current CVS version
of freeciv or a recent snapshot?

This should handle/simplify much of the above patch, eg: the
includes protection should now already be handled by configure
related changes; min/max (lowercase) have disappeared; the
getuid() test has moved and can now also be tweaked via config.h

Are you using configure for the freeciv server for BeOS?
If not, the prefered approach is to supply an appropriate
config.h, and define appropriate new things there if necessary,
rather than using "#if __BEOS__" etc.

-- David