[Freeciv-Dev] Nations ruleset patch - many nations.

To: David Pfitzner <dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Nations ruleset patch - many nations.
From: Jerzy Klek <qpkjeek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 1999 18:58:40 +0200 (MET DST)

Hi!

Nations ruleset patch is updated and now it is possible
to have up to 63 nations to choose from. I think this is
enough, and even if there will be more nations to come
they do not have all to be placed in default ruleset, as
those will probably be for scenarios. Of other things,
there was small code rearrangement around player_race.
There is a problem now with scenario maps: there must
be at least as much starting positions in a map as there
are nations. I know it may be discussable but I think that
scenario maps are provided for a concrete situation, so
if some nations do not have starting positions while other
have, it's not OK. I think that we have to decide how
many nations are in the default ruleset and just have the same
thing in the maps. A known bug I have: Xaw client does not
work if there is only one nation (GTK is OK). I added 7 new
nations so there are 21 now in the ruleset. For those new you
need the flag.xpm that I sent to this list around the weekend.
I think that's all that was needed to be done to have
configurable nations and I don't plan anything new just
correcting the problems, so it finds it way to main source one
day.
I have noticed some suggestions, some people wanted more
leaders, while some others didn't even like flags. If someone
has some ideas about nations please say what you think. I'm
not a good programmer but I might try do something more.

Jerzy