Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Sound support

To: Joel Ray Holveck <joelh@xxxxxxx>
Cc: David Pfitzner <dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Sound support
From: Martin Willemoes Hansen <mwh@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 1999 10:19:46 +0000

> >> BTW, has anybody contributed any sounds ?
>
> I'm afraid not.  I think that once we get something that we can put in
> the tree, then the sounds may start coming in faster.  As it is, about
> three people responded to my original message, so I think that people
> aren't yet using the changes.

Ill make a news item about this .. a cry for help !!!

> However, (and this is the important bit), we cannot have a complete
> sound-enabled Freeciv until people start sending sounds!  Until then,
> all we'll have is a Freeciv with the ability to add sound.  I need
> sounds from the Freeciv community!  I can't make all-- or even most--
> of the sounds I need by myself, so I need everybody to contribute
> freely distributable sounds!

Umh could you point me for a place which has a list of the sounds which
are allready made and which aren't.

> Some of you are probably firearms enthusiasts.  (After all, Geeks With
> Guns didn't get so popular for no reason!)  Maybe you've got an AR15
> or 9mm lying around.  Next time you're at the range, have a tape
> recorder running while you squeeze off a few rounds.

Heheh this sounds like fun :o)

--
Best regards

Martin Willemoes Hansen

E-Mail  mwh@xxxxxxxxxxxx
IRC     MWH/DR_NICK ; ircnet, openprojects
ICQ     11597690