Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: patch: Add Paratroopers

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: patch: Add Paratroopers
From: Falk Hueffner <falk.hueffner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 25 Aug 1999 16:20:45 +0200

sebauer@xxxxxxxxxxx (Sebastian Bauer) writes:

> Another question:
> Why are the elephants and crusaders not supproted. As far as I can
> see they only need some changes in the ruleset?

They are not there because the original authors thought it would harm
the playing balance. Since rules are no longer hardcoded, this
argument is no longer valid, because if you don't like those units,
you can easily edit them out. So I would vote to add them to the civ2
rules. The problem is of course that the units would have to be drawn.

        Falk