Re: [Freeciv-Dev] patch: Add Paratroopers

To: Sebastian Bauer <sebauer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] patch: Add Paratroopers
From: Greg Wooledge <wooledge@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1999 19:13:00 -0400

Sebastian Bauer (sebauer@xxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:

> This patch adds the paratroopers unit known from civilisation 2.

> It is possible that it differs a little bit from the
> paratroopers of civilisation 2 (e.g. max range), because
> I played civ 2 a long time ago. Maybe someone can check this
> out?

+            if(real_map_distance(punit->x, punit->y, x, y) <= 10) {

I think 10 is the correct radius.  But you shouldn't hard-code the
number "10" in the source code like that -- it should be a constant
defined in a header file.

(I haven't tested the patch itself -- just looked through it to find
the radius.)

--
Greg Wooledge                    | Distributed.NET http://www.distributed.net/
wooledge@xxxxxxxxxxx             | because a CPU is a terrible thing to waste.