Re: [Freeciv-Dev] build queue

To: abies@xxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] build queue
From: David Pfitzner <dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 12:08:45 +1000 (EST)

Artur Biesiadowski wrote:

[ build queues ]

> If somebody will do it, please consider idea of putting it into client
> only. I think that it is doable, and would simplify a lot of things (no
> new packet etc). Client has to be changed anyway, so..

As per recent big discussion about fog-of-war, if you want
to maintain state through save/reload, and through disconnect/
re-connect, then its best for the server to be involved.
(Well, except for client options which are independent of
specific games.)  For build queues it would seem a good idea
to maintain state, so that the players' carefully setup queues
are not lost in these cases.

-- David