Re: [Freeciv-Dev] idea: Realistic nation

To: Freeciv Development <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] idea: Realistic nation
From: Peter Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 1999 19:27:07 +0200

Artur Biesiadowski wrote:

> Arkadiusz Danilecki wrote:
>
> > It's not really realistic if you capture city of an enemy and can start
> > build armies there. Lokk in the real world - My nation 125 years fight for
> > independence, look at irish, or even for jews which where not independent
> > for thousands years.
> > So a nation should really be a nation. Fighting for independence, hating
> > those who conquered them etc. And you should have an option for national
> > politic, sth like kultur kampf in XIX germany (Bismarck).
>
> Partisans simulate this effect partially.
>
> You CAN start producing armies in conquered cities - see what was
> happening during WWII (maybe not exactly armies - tanks, ammo, guns, but
> I don't think it makes any difference).
> I agree that there should be some unhappines factor that would go away
> with time slowly (after all if city was conquered 500 years ago, it gets
> used to be in another nation :)
> Also think about repatriation + colonization - you send 50% of native
> people bakc in your country (siberia for example...) and fill in the gap
> with your people (which comes from bad terrains and are given free land
> for example to keep them happy). Such city do not clearly belongs to
> previous nation anymore...
>
> Artur

Well, I think doubling corruption would be a good idea, for example -
but most of the time, conquered cities are far away from your capital
anyway, and don't have luxury/corruption improvement, so there already IS
a factor like this in the game :-P

--
Peter Schäfer - mailto:schaefer@xxxxxx, schaefer@xxxxxx
Support the Campaign to Save Iridium Telecom -