Re: [Freeciv-Dev] idea: Realistic nation

To: szopen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] idea: Realistic nation
From: David Pfitzner <dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 1999 11:49:23 +1000 (EST)

Arkadiusz Danilecki <szopen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> idea/suggestion
> real nation
>
> description
> It's not really realistic if you capture city of an enemy and can start
> build armies there.

True, but keep in mind that freeciv is not based on realism,
its based on the Civ1 and Civ2 games.  When you get down to
it there are a _huge_ number of things in these games which
are not realistic.  But still the games are fun.  We could
try to improve some realism aspects, but then one has to worry
about issues of game balance, and game complexity.

Personally I think there are heaps of better things to work on
for freeciv (internationalisation, sound support, build queues,
nations rulesets, better ai, alliances, fog-of-war, etc etc)
before we consider changing the basic game (other than making
some things more general via rulesets).

Regards,
-- David