Re: [Freeciv-Dev] ACTIVITY_SENTRY

To: Daniel Burrows <Daniel_Burrows@xxxxxxxxx>, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] ACTIVITY_SENTRY
From: Jules Bean <jmlb2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 15:43:23 +0100

Daniel Burrows wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 06, 1999 at 06:08:40PM +0200, Artur Biesiadowski was heard to say:
> > What is the real meaning of this flag ? What are the effects on the
> > server and client ?
> >
> > It seems that it is used in various places as helpful activity to set
> > when nothing other fits (load/unload especially). I understand that it
> > can be used by player to mark some units he do not want to move for some
> > period of time. But has it any "real" effects ? Faster hp regeneration,
> > defense bonus or like ?
>
>   I think it affects HP regeneration.  There's no defense bonus, but the unit
> will 'wake up' if an enemy comes nearby, so it's (theoretically) good for
> placing units that you want to have as border guards but want to forget about.
> I'm not sure it's much better than Fortify in practice..

It also, when used on a wounded unit, makes it wake up when fully
healed.  Very useful during wartime - send wounded ships back to the
closest city, and put them on Sentry.

Jules

|  Jelibean aka  | jules@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx         |  6 Evelyn Rd        |
|  Julian Bean   | jmlb2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx        |  TW9 2TF *UK*       |